It wasn’t until my last 4 months in Europe that I really realized the struggle of packing light. If you’re in Europe and traveling on a budget you probably are traveling through Ryanair.
Ryanair only allows you to bring a single small bag.(Unless your checking luggage- and no one wants to do that.) I’m talking about the size of a small jansport backpack. If your like me and are traveling for multiple days living out of this backpack, you might want some tips.
Here are my guidelines to packing light.
- Check the weather before you pack. If its not cold you DONT need that comfy sweatshirt.
- Try on your outfits and plan them before you pack. You don’t need to bring a *backup* shirt if you KNOW what your outfit will look like.
- Bring a pair of shoes that you can wear with multiple outfits. Shoes take up the most room.
- Be strategic while packing. Large items on the bottom and small on the top. That rolled up shirt can fit into the SMALLEST space in your bag.
- Dont be a last minute packer. The more time, the less random stuff you will find in yout bag.
Until next time,
Leave a Reply